Christian Marriage Procedure in India
Parties who do not wish to marry in a religious ceremony can instead opt for a civil ceremony like Christian Marriage pursuant to the Indian Special Marriage Act of 1954.
In case a marriage between an Indian and a foreign national is to take place in India, generally, its required to file a notice of intended marriage with a Marriage Registrar of your choice in India. That notice is required to be published for the stipulated 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, the Marriage Registrar is free to perform the marriage.
The notice of intended marriage can only be given in India if at least one partner is permanently and the other partner temporarily resident in India.
If one partner is residing in a foreign country then the partner who is resident in India will have to fill out the Marriage Notice collected from the Marriage Registration Office of his/her choice in India and send it to his/her partner in the foreign country who will also have to fill it out. This Notice should then be sent back to the partner in India who will have to re-submit it at the Marriage Registration Office. After the stipulated waiting period of 30 days, the marriage can take place in India. Under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 a certificate showing the signatures of the persons married, the registrar and the witnesses will be issued. This Certificate is required as proof of the marriage and when applying for a visa to for a foreign country.
Documents are required for Marriages which have already been solemnized
- Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
- Documentary evidence of the date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate / Passport / Birth Certificate). Minimum age of both parties is 21 years for male and 18 years for female, at the time of registration under the Special Marriage Act / Hindu Marriage Act.
- Ration card of husband or wife, at least one should be resident of Delhi for 30 days.
- In case of Special Marriage Act, documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).
- Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
- Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.
- Marriage invitation card.
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per the Special Marriage Act. For details of such relationships please read below at end.
- Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage (in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
The Following Documents Are Required For Both The Partners
- A valid Passport.
- Original Birth Certificate showing parents’ names.
- If the person concerned is widowed, the original death certificate of the deceased spouse.
- If divorced, a copy of the final decree.
- Documentary evidence regarding stay in India of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO).
Request Call Back
We are here to help you. We can call you if are unable to reach us due to any reason. It would be our pleasure.
Free Legal Advise
Here we have a expert team of legal advisors in Ghaziabad, who can advise you for every kind of marriage for free.
All the Certificates, which you get through our services will be 100% genuine & valid.
Marriage Certificate in 2 Hours
We can perform your court marriage in a day & get marriage certificate form court in 2 Hours.
Simple, easy and less documentations are done to fasten the marriage registration process in Ghaziabad.
We send our executive to pick up the documents so you do not have to worry about travelling.
We assure you for lowest charges, no hidden cost and don't have to pay anything other than the charges we tell you.
Fast and Propmt Services
We are here to assist you to fulfill the paper formalities before and after marrige.
We are with you in every situation even after your process completion until you are fully satisfied.
Worry about Legal Documentation? we will Help you to complete all the Documents required for Marriage process. Like PAN Card, Aadhar Card, and other Certificates.
We also provide innovative and creative Mandap decoration for beautiful photography sessions, beautiful mehandi designs for Bride and Groom. Designer and within your budget.
Your most important day of your life will be truly unforgettable. We aim to deliver the best food servings while you sit back, relax and enjoy. A wide range of options are available.
Keep and share your unforgettable moments with everyone forever with our top class photographers providing HD Photography and Videography services at a very reasonable price.